Tuesday, August 5, 2008

IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE KEPT IN TOUCH WITH FUTURE INFORMATION, PLEASE SEND YOUR EMAIL ADDRESS TO JBTANZER@YAHOO.COM, SUBJECT LINE: Friends of The Von Lady.

Dear friends,
a fine helloing. like a cat being dragged across a
chalkboard, i'm forcing myself to
sit down for a moment and peck out an update on ye
old health situation. things be somewhat dicier than
the last missive i sent out just before going to
Bali in March. Unlike the positive results scans
then showed, subsequent CT scans and confirming
MRI's show that my cancer is progressing
aggressively, and that it has now entered my
lil' noggin', which is not so ferocia a situation. i have
several brain tumors growing and the prognosis is
decidedly ughums. after much questioning and
discussion with family, i've decided to not undergo
the full brain radiation suggested by my
oncologists, as there is at this point no hope of
erradication of them, just hopeful temporary
shrinkage/time buying, and the drastic side effects
of having it done do not sound to me llike the way
i'd like to live my life, extended or not. I'm still
doing I.V. vitamin C treatments and have started
mild hyperbaric Oxygen treatments, and am looking into
possible Ozone treatment.
On the brighter side, I'm enjoying a relatively
tranquil and painless time at the moment. Been
camping in Yosemite with my brother, his wife and my
new gorgeous baby nephew Lewis, swimming in pristine
waterfalls and rivers, and taking in the mighty
Killer Kern River with my sister Natalia here as
much as possible. Mickey Michael has moved in with
us here in the Field of Bakers, and I'm surrounded
by lots of Love and Support. I've also been hosting
pool parties here and encourage any of you in the
vicinity to come enjoy the gorgeous days o summer.
Lots of Love.....
Steven

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

We love you Steven VonFrauline.....Alexx

Anonymous said...

hi little bear....thanks for just letting it all out ..... so many people talking and thinking and wishing everything good for you...
you know how I feel...

jenny b headin to you soon...

love hanging out with it.

Stacy Marr said...

Dear Steve Lady/Blacktress,

I miss you a bunch..... thinking of you and sending good vibes your way.

Maybe Lizzie & I can come visit... wild pool party, with some hard core kareoke?!!

Much love to you,

Stace

Liz said...

Sweet Steven....thinking about, sending you much love & positive prayers. Know that I'm always here for you. I love you!!!! xoxo Lezzie

Anonymous said...

Nigger!
(AKA Praying Mantis Lady)

We should swim together soon. I have a fierce neon pink thong with white fringe up the front I've been itching to FEATURE! I thinks your pools could be fierce!!!! I need some fashion feedback. Also I have a scarf and one eyelash of yours I'm needing to return.

Text me Cunty Von Cuntenstein (my lady)!!
I'm only an hour away here in SB and bored out of my mind! I'm down with the down time and the shits and giggles (I promise I won't shit in your pool on purpose).

My glass bobbles & bead shop here in SB is being shut down by some organic farmer's market Cost Plus like mega store and I'm turning into a terracotta colored leathery new age nude beach bum with all the time on my hands. I know you warned me but whatever!!

Let's pee our Speedos voguing to Milli Vanilli. I'm bored with SB!

Your Little Niggles,
San Diegos
Representing the 805 Bitches!!!
805-456-9124

PS: My hair is long and G-A-Y and fits in a ponytail!!! You'd be proud!

Anonymous said...

Hey love

Thinking about you so much now. I've been poring over stacks of negs and footage reels and pulling boxes from the garage. Remember Hi8?

I think I have our LEGENDARY 75 minute long judges number on tape somewhere - the genius light cube, the smoke. The dumb lighting guy who shone a spotlight on our extraordinary video projections we'd spent days making - images of raging burning cities - always a good way to start off a night of competitive lipsyncing! Not that anyone could see all the work - he left that damn light on the screen for the entire performance!

Here's the shot I took right before that wave hit you. Remember black and white? Looking at this makes me want to throw all my digital cameras into landfill.

http://paulrowley.blogspot.com/2008/08/steve-lady.html

I have loads more - I'll send you them as they surface.

Will write more soon. Thinking about you so much and sending you every scrap of love.

XX
Paul

Anonymous said...

Hello my dear,

This blog is a great idea... You know how much I love you...

I'll come visit again soon.

xoxo
rachel

Anonymous said...

Hello Nasty,

What a wicked idea to write a blog.
Sending you sooo much love and health. Please use me and abuse me for anything you need. I would love to be of help and service in any way I can.
Have you seen the new video up?
It is the whole supermaket scene, starring you know who...:)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8YxHwdq-Gg

MAKE SURE YOU WATCH IT WITH THE HIGH QUALITY OPTION

Leaving tomorrow for the Rhode Island Film Festival our North American Premier. We may be in the Artivist film festival in November here in LA. Could i be your date on the red carpet?

Love you loads
Miss Nasty

Madam Bomb said...

Oh jesus. I can't top the Milk Documentary. It's just not possible.

Sorry

Just know, I love you and can't wait to see miss thing sportin' skinny-ass speedo pooside in the B to the F to the IELD.

Mwah!

Unknown said...

Hi Lady,

Thinking of you, sending love & light...

xx & hugs,

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Hi Steven,
You continue to be an inspiration.
i love you.
xo
Austin
(Ms. Young)

Anonymous said...

Lady Von Vonerston,
What can I say? I love you and have been and will always be inspired by you as the visionary that you are. If ever in doubt about what to do with a particular project, in fashion or otherwise, I can always ask myself What would Steven do? and come up with a fabulous solution.
Mickey Michael will be in good hands up here in Norcal. And your legacy will be eternal.
Hang in there and absorb all the love that is being poured out into the universe for you and your family.

Love Forever,
Portia Seis Seis Seis

Anonymous said...

My Little Steve Bunny..darlinks I know the road is perilous right now but u r shoulder 2 shoulder with those who love u, who feel u, who are a part of u & ur journey..my heart is full of the giggling memories and quick barbed xchanges that mark the map of our friendship..u r a hero, and for more than just one day..

all my love
Waiyde

graficzny said...

oh steve lady,

i've been thinking about you. i dug up these polaroids that we did together way back in '94 (wow); i hope you love them as much as i do.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/graficzny/

wishing you well,
nicholas

Anonymous said...

my sweet oliver,

i miss you so much. you are so special to me. those few years we got to live in each other's love on haight street were some of the best of my life. just watching you move about our home was like watching living art every day. you inspired me in so many ways. i loved reading books out loud in bed at night, cooking dinner while you played d.j., rummaging through the drag and dressing up on random weeknights and never leaving the house, dancing in the kitchen, riding on the back of your motorcycle through the streets of san francisco, fighting, and fighting about fighting, and that ONE night.... and i'm so appreciate that i got to know your family. i loved taking care of you. and i am so grateful that you had michael taking care of you at the end. when you told me recently that you are proud of me, i went home later that day and cried. we've gone through the shit together, sharing struggles and triumphs for 14 years. i thought about you every single day that you had cancer and i held you in my heart, hoping that my love would help you. i hope it did. holding you in my heart, as i will every day from now on, helps to heal me. there is no one else like you, sopa.

love,
jeppers